MCRLab members are working under the leadership of Prof. Abdulmotaleb El Saddik on the convergence of multimedia technologies for the creation of Digital Twins in order to enhance the quality of life of citizens.
A digital twin is a digital replica of a living or non-living physical entity. By bridging the physical and the virtual world, data is transmitted seamlessly allowing the virtual entity to exist simultaneously with the physical entity.El Saddik, A (2018). Digital Twins: The Convergence of Multimedia Technologies. IEEE MultiMedia, 25(2), 87-92
Our 5 Pillars of research are:
- Artificial Intelligence (ML/DL, Ontologies)
- Cyber security (Biometrics and water marking)
- IoT and Social Network (Hard and Soft sensory data)
- Multimedia Interactions (Haptics, AR/VR, Humanoid Robotics, Audio, video)
- Quality of Experience (and services) powered communication networks (5G and Tactile Internet)